Our friendship is like a cup of tea…a special blend of you and me ♥Anonymous
As I sit here, across the miles from my home, I realise how much I miss my daily catch ups chatting with my friends, family and colleagues, and my ‘walk and talk’ dates with my bestie. I would like nothing more than to gather my dear friends together and enjoy a magnificent High Tea and catch up on everything in their lives. I want to hear it all, the trials, tribulations, successes and challenges, I feel a little out of the loop…thank goodness for modern technology, although I am sure they are only telling me the good stuff! I have had some amazing high teas over the years with some very special friends. It is a magical way to bring people together over something so simple, but so special as tea. From the super posh restaurants, to the fundraisers, the groups or the intimate one I shared with my dear friend Adele…I have loved everyone of them. I soak up all of the little details, the table settings, the tea selections, tea cups, tea pots and of course the delicious assortment of foods displayed so beautifully. Have you had the pleasure of sharing a High Tea? Tell me all about it!
A cup of tea is an excuse to share great thoughts with great minds.Cristina Re
I am thoroughly enjoying having the time and headspace to relax and really read through people’s blogs. I have found some incredible bloggers and they all have their special take on things. You can have 10 different Lifestyle Bloggers and they will all come at a topic differently – I love that diversity and individuality, it is inspiring and so genuine. Some of my ‘finds’ are below; please enjoy and share.
- Smelly Socks and Garden Peas – yes you heard me right! How did this blog name come about you may ask? Well apparently it’s because the two things guaranteed to make boys laugh are: smelly socks and garden peas. She writes about boys (silly, serious, or brilliant), the daily grind, balancing work with family and sometimes the tougher side of family life including miscarriage. Seriously real blog which is so refreshing. Follow her on Twitter as well at: @AndSmelly
- 3 years ago Cati packed in her teaching job, packed her bags and headed off to fulfill a childhood dream to travel the world. Follow her journey and advice on working your way around the world. Quarter Life Crisis Travels has fantastic posts with helpful information and great photos. One of my favourites is this one; Waterfalls to add to your bucketlist.
- Amy Gigliotti Gatto from Girl With A Spatula is a busy house wife and mom who is dedicated to both her home life and career. She really enjoys cooking, especially making desserts, baking, and making ice cream. I think I gained a few kilos just looking through her blog! Don’t let that stop you though, check out the yumminess ♥ Roasted Lamb Shanks is a winner!
- Sarah blogs at Sarah Reck, MD which is all about being a working mom (a Dr. no less!) of four beautiful boys, finding the balance between fitness, nutrition and letting go of that ever nagging mom guilt. I was so impressed with how Sarah fits everything in – truly amazing and well worth a follow.
- Jennifer has a fun and down to earth mom blog with a geeky/nerdy theme (her words!). Find her at The Nerd Mom or on Twitter @thenerdmomblog
- Jaipur Thru My Lens is a beautifully put together blog about Jaipur, a city in Rajasthan, India. It has incredible photography, superb posts that encompass the feel, culture and heritage of a very interesting and unique place.
- Galalyn has the beautifully poetic blog Gala Serks Journey to Publishing. A relatively new blogger who is ambitious and very talented. Superb poetry and short stories.
- The Blessed Mama of 4 is a blog by Heather who is a homeschooling Mama of 4, whose life focuses on her faith, family and fun. Heather’s goal is to share simple and do-able ideas that have been helpful in her daily life. She has all-sorts of goodies on her blog including this delicious French Apple Tart Recipe.
- Darlene Foster – This is a blog for writers, readers, travelers, dreamers, friends and friends she hasn’t met yet. Darlene believes everyone has a right to dream and everyone has the capability to make their dreams come true. She is a prize winning published writer who loves traveling, reading, shoes, cooking, kids, music, chocolate, the beach and making new friends. Darlene’s blog is about travel, books, people and dreams. Do take some time, make a pot of tea and enjoy this blog.
While I am on this year’s sabbatical I have some goals. Of course one of them is to thoroughly enjoy our adventure and experience as much as I can, but another one is to give more time and energy to my blog. It is something I am very passionate about. This seems to have paid off, as this past week alone has been huge for The Tea Chest Blog.
- I had an email from Feedspot saying that they would like to personally congratulate me as The Tea Chest Blog has been selected by their panelists as one of the Top 100 Tea Blogs on the web☺️No. 78 no less! This is the most comprehensive list of Top 100 Tea Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to be a part of this!
- I was nominated for the Fix Her Crown Award by the lovely Cindy Lauderdale Moore from Cindy Goes Beyond. It is a beautiful award that exemplifies women who are accepting, encouraging and supportive of each other. I was hugely humbled to receive this.
- I was awarded #1 Member of the Month from a fabulous Blogging Page I belong to; Sharing, Inspiring, Promoting Bloggers. This truly made my day ♥
“Be the woman who fixes another woman’s crown, without telling the world that it was crooked.’Unknown
So that wraps things up for #4 of the Over the Teacups Series. Please drop me an email or message if you would be interested in being a part of the next one. Relax, enjoy and share ♥
I have been asked numerous times where how I put my images together. The answer is CANVA. Feel free to use this link to sign up for Canva and you too can have beautiful designs. It is simple, easy to follow and fast.
Disclosure: Occasionally I link to companies using affiliate links. When you click on an affiliate link and chose to make a purchase I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I appreciate you supporting my blog ♥
Copyright © 2020 the-tea-chest.blog – All rights reserved.