True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart ♥Anonymous
Talat has an amazing lifestyle blog Racing Tigers. The site is replete with fantastic lifestyle related ideas, family friendly recipes, posts on effective parenting as well as a well armed guide on ‘how to blog’. She is heavily involved in her blogging support pages on Facebook: Blogger’s Influence– group exclusively for bloggers. The Modern Parent– a parents only group with real life experience sharing of other moms and live podcasts every week.
Feel free to check out her Pinterest page as well.
Do drop in and look around, there is really something for everyone.
Benefits of Guava Tea:
Here are 7 scientifically supported reasons to find out why drinking guava tea – rocks your health.
1. The green tea in Guava tea is loaded with catechins, that increase the body’s ability to burn fat as fuel. This results in improved muscle endurance.
2. Helps strengthen the brain. Neurologists suggest, Guavas contain vitamin B3 and vitamin B6, which help in improving blood circulation to the brain, stimulating cognitive function.
3. Studies suggest compounds in green tea, improves bone mineral density and strength.
4. If you’re looking to shed extra pounds, drink Guava tea. According to the data of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), this humble fruit contains just 68 calories and 8.92 mg of sugar.
5. Cut the sugar and Guava tea has a low glycemic index. This inhibits a sudden spike in sugar levels, making it a fragrant fruit tea for diabetic patients.
6. Guava tea is all you need to relax your muscles after a long day. It helps combat stress and gives your system a good energy boost.
7. Guava is rich in Vitamin-C. A decoction of guavas in Green tea is helpful in relieving cough and cold. It helps to get rid of the mucus and disinfects the respiratory tract, throat and lungs.
Please enjoy this fresh and flavoursome recipe that Talat has shared, it is just perfect for summer or those milder evenings. You can find some other fabulous recipes here at her Refreshing Agua Fresca Summer Drinks link.
Strawberry–Guava Iced Tea:
This is a great kid-friendly fruit tea recipe and a perfect drink for a hot summers day. This incredibly refreshing tea is full of fresh Guava flavors and also comes loaded with a plethora of health benefits.
- 1 cup chopped Guava
- 4- 5 whole Strawberries
- 1 cup Green tea – bag or loose leaf
- 4- 5 tablespoon Brown sugar or honey
- Mint leaves for garnishing
1. In a saucepan add four cups of water
2. Add chopped guava and bring it to a boil
3. Simmer on medium flame/heat until softened and then let it cool
4. Once cool, puree the boiled guava together with the raw strawberries in a juicer jar or blender
5. Strain and keep aside
6. Boil some fresh water
7. Add green tea and sugar. Brew for 3-5 minutes. Strain into a pitcher if using loose tea. Let it cool
8. Once completely cool, add lemon juice and gently stir in the fruit pulp. Refrigerate.
Take serving glasses, pour the prepared guava tea over ice cubes
Garnish with a sprig of mint and a lemon slice
Disclosure: Occasionally I link to companies using affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and chose to make a purchase I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I appreciate you supporting my blog ♥
© 2019-2020 Justine Warne and The Tea Chest Blog. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. If you would like to use posts, excerpts, photos and links, you may contact me first. Full and clear credit is to be given to ‘Justine Warne’ and/or ‘The Tea Chest Blog’ with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.