Seeing is believing, and you won’t believe your eyes when a handcrafted flowering tea- ball starts to bloom in your teapot…it truly is a visual delight. I love anything that is beautiful to look at, as well as consume and these flowering tea-balls have it all.
Blooming Tea Balls or Flowering Tea as it is also known, are made by bundling dried green tea leaves around one or two dried edible flowers, such as Jasmine, Osmanthus or Hibiscus. They are then bound together into a bulb and left to dry. Jasmine flowers are very calming and can help with relaxation and blood pressure, Osmanthus are full of antioxidants and Hibiscus flowers are good for a variety of things including liver health. So not only stunning to look at but good for you too.
How to enjoy:
- Fill your kettle with fresh cold water and boil
- Allow the water temperature to reduce to around 70deg
- Pour the hot water into the glass teapot
- Place one blooming or flowering tea-ball into a clear, medium to large sized glass teapot
- Brew for three to five minutes, and watch as the leaves unfurl from a tiny ball into a beautiful bloom
- Pour and enjoy ♥
Available at Basilur Tea these are an eye-catching treat to enjoy at the end of the evening with friends and you can also re-use them again the next day over the morning paper. Have a look at this stunning Blooming Tea Time Lapse on YouTube ♥
Disclosure: Occasionally I link to companies using affiliate links. When you click on an affiliate link and chose to make a purchase I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I appreciate you supporting my blog ♥